Monday, January 19, 2009

More on the New House

So we closed on the house at the end of October. It was an insanely stressful process and weekend. My mom, aunt, and cousin came up to help me with painting and setting up the house. Nick's parents came up to help with the move. So there were a lot of people around. And on top of that, the previous occupants didn't have all their stuff out. In a way this was bad, for many obvious reasons. But in a way it was good because we got a lot of free stuff. They were potters, and left behind a lot of pottery. So with the pottery and Nick's glass (did I mention he took glass blowing last semester?), we have a lot of original art pieces.
So here's a few pictures from shortly after moving in.

The house the day we moved in. I forgot to mention, we had a guy putting up siding on the mudroom addition that day too. We didn't know he was coming and it was a bit of a surprise. But the siding had to go up, and it did.

I expanded a flowerbed my second weekend. This will be my cut flower garden. I'll probably change it again once the snow is gone, and put a path down the middle of it. My 100 tulips and 100 daffodils are in there, with a few iris and some lilies. There's lilies all over the yard, and they'll get transplanted into this bed.

The downstairs bathroom. The upstairs bathroom is the same size. My other house pictures are blurry, and its too late in the day to get more non-blurry pictures for this post. I can't keep the camera still enough to take a good picture with the flash, and our lighting isn't the best.

2 comments:

dacjohns said...

I really like your house. It has lots of potential. And the plantings in the yard are great. Can't wait until spring to see what you have. I need starts.

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

I'm glad you got siding on that addition.