Monday, January 19, 2009

Christmas

Nick and I have been looking forward to having family over for Christmas for several years now. This was the first year it actually happened. (And I apologize for not taking a picture of the tree, or any other Christmas time pictures.)
The weekend before Christmas, Nick's parents, step-brother and step-brother's wife all came over. We had a nice dinner and gift opening. Nick's parents stuck around over the weekend and helped out a lot with the house. They installed a programmable thermostat and fixed some of the wiring issues upstairs.
My parents came up Christmas day, and stayed the following two days. The visit wasn't as house productive as it was with Nick's parents, but I got to show off my house, and go Wisconsin cheese hunting. It was a fun trip and far less stressful than the last time I saw my mom (which was when we moved in). My dad loved the house, and seemed to be a little bit jealous. I wish my family was closer, but... that's how things are.
Because we had family visit for Christmas, I got Nick a dining room set for his gift.

Nick got me a 75 gallon fish tank.

They are both great gifts and are really helping to make the house feel like our home.

4 comments:

dacjohns said...

I wish we were closer too. But I doubt Nick does. Wish we were closer to all our girls, but that will never happen. It would take a miracle for us to all live in one state!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

In response to Mom's comment...The economy in Idaho is great. In fact, Idaho Falls has the fourth best economy in the nation right now. I just wish I could remember the source. As for your post Heather...I love the dining room set. Those chairs are awesome! I love love love the backs of them. The seats, that color isn't practical in our house, but I do know how to reupholster them. Nice!

Erin said...

Hey Heather,
Congratulations on the house. Looks like it is starting to feel like home! What part of WI are you in again?

kaycei said...

I'm near Minneapolis.