Thursday, July 24, 2008

Gardening - Some Results

I have tomatoes and strawberries that are ready to eat, and Nick's peppers are on a roll.
I'm a bit disappointed with the amount of food I'm getting. I have quite a few green cherry tomatoes, but at the rate they are ripening, its going to be difficult to have enough for a salad. I don't think I'll do cherry tomatoes again, unless I have about 5 plants going, instead of the 2/3 I have now. (I have 2 in one pot, so neither of them are reaching their full potential. Both pots are producing about the same amount of tomatoes.)

Here's a picture of one bunch. I'm having a hard time with the auto focus on my camera, but I really do like the way the stem reflected the flash.


My strawberries are producing even less fruit. But the one berry I enjoyed so far was delicious. One of the best strawberries I've ever had. I'm sure I'm biased.

I'll probably eat this one tomorrow or Sunday.

The flowers I grew from seed and started late are starting to bloom. I'm not a fan of petunias, but Nick and I decided we'll be growing the violas again next year.

Petunia


Viola


I'll show off Nick's peppers once they are ripe.

2 comments:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

My peppers are about to give up the ghost. Some of my tomato plants have flowers, and my compost squash (we still don't know what it is) is getting huge. I think it's finally forming a fruit. And I have one pumpkin starting to grow. Several green beans have flowers, and my peas are doing awesome. Don't think I'll do the peas again though, we just aren't eating them fast enough.

dacjohns said...

Your tomatoes and strawberries look great. Wish I could eat one. I don't think the garden is going to happen this year. Kia fixed the rototiller and then Papa went to use it and once he got the tiller through the garden gate, it died on him. So maybe next year. I am really bummed. I really wanted a garden this year.