Saturday, June 28, 2008

Gardening - Spring

(These are pictures I originally posted at Facebook.)

Winter was pretty long and hard this year. I did move 4 hours away this past year, and wasn't expecting the climate to change that much. I don't know if it is because I'm 2 hours north, or if it was just a rough year. But I have too say, I was impressed. This was definitely the best winter I've had since we left Alaska in the mid-1990s. By the time Spring came, I was ready to plant. This is the first time I've had a front yard. And while I can't tear up the grass, I did mange to set up a container garden out front.



Here are my tomatoes and peppers, after they were first set out.


The peppers really don't look very good. (They got worse.)

Dirt is fun.

1 comment:

dacjohns said...

Ya, dirt is fun as long as it doesn't get under my finger nails. LOL I am glad you are having fun. I like your dirty hand picture. I love you too.