This also means it is time to start planning my flower garden for next year, by preparing beds and selecting spring bulbs.
So, over the three-day weekend, I installed (or expanded) my flower bed. It is to the right of the driveway, running against the south-side of the septic mound and parallel the raspberry bed down to the tree near the end of the driveway. (I have a map of the entire yard on my Easter 2009 post.)
(Sorry for the poor quality pictures. My real camera is MIA so I'm stuck using my phone.)

I have hostas and phlox transplanted so far.
I'll be adding crocuses to the hosta part of the flowerbed, and I'll transplant some hydrangea to go in front of the phlox. There will be peonies by the septic mound, covering the access pipes. I'll have my dahlias behind the peonies/septic pipes. Hollyhocks will run along the back of the bed parallel to the raspberries, until they reach the phlox. I'll throw in some bearded and Dutch irises, day lilies, Asiatic lilies, daffodils, tulips, and hyacinths.Once I'm done with my planting and the mulching (with the huge pile in the background), I'll be putting some grass seed over the dead spot in front of the flower bed. (That spot was going to be my flower bed, before I realized it was way too wide, before it got way to weedy, and before I learned about proper landscaping techniques.)
And, I start the Master Gardener's program tomorrow!
3 comments:
Good going Heather. Let me know how the Master Gardening classes go.
Did you get my day lilies yet?
I got them. Thanks Les!
Post a Comment