The tulips I planted last fall with my mom, aunt and cousin started to come up. And a bunch of stuff that was already in the yard is starting to come up.
We started the day running to a horse farm where my roommate is boarding her horse. Then Nick and I went to an awesome garden and landscape store in South Saint Paul (or one of the suburbs in that area) called Gertens. It was amazing. It was basically a mall, but gardening stuff. We'll definitely be making a trip back when we start our full out yard planting.
After Gertens, we hit lunch at Champs and had our roommate wait on us. Nick splendidly split his drink all over the table, himself, and the floor. And I thought I was the clutz in the family.
Next Borders, where I bought WAY too many books. Then to Dick's Sporting Goods where we both made major purchases. After that, home.
Here's some of the things that were around the house after I got home today.
I'm not sure what this is, but it looks like it will be a flower.
The bikes were the major purchase at Dick's. Nick had been thinking about a bike for a while now, so he could start riding to school. He convinced me to get one too, to help me with my exercise. We went for a very short, probably 5 minutes, bike ride. It was long enough to convince me to buy a new bike seat because that one hurt my rear. I think I have bruises.
After our short bike trip, we started doing garden stuff. I got out stakes and twine and staked out the 20x60 foot vegetable plot. I wanted to start digging it, but we want to move the grass there to a different spot on the yard, which was determined to be the part of our driveway that we aren't going to use anymore.
(We have a U-shaped driveway, but part of the second half of the U is on our neighbors land, and he is putting a fence up along between our yards, so we haven't been using that part of the driveway and will be filling it in.)
Before we can put the grass over the driveway, we need to dig it up. And that also involves fixing the bad drainage on our property. So, the next thing we did was start digging out new driveway. More about that after I get more pictures tomorrow.
After our short bike trip, we started doing garden stuff. I got out stakes and twine and staked out the 20x60 foot vegetable plot. I wanted to start digging it, but we want to move the grass there to a different spot on the yard, which was determined to be the part of our driveway that we aren't going to use anymore.
(We have a U-shaped driveway, but part of the second half of the U is on our neighbors land, and he is putting a fence up along between our yards, so we haven't been using that part of the driveway and will be filling it in.)
Before we can put the grass over the driveway, we need to dig it up. And that also involves fixing the bad drainage on our property. So, the next thing we did was start digging out new driveway. More about that after I get more pictures tomorrow.
1 comment:
Everything is looking good. The bikes will be good for you too. But definitely a new seat. I hate mine too. Need to get the "full figure" seat. I hate those narrow seats. Why do they put the stupid things on the bikes? And you pay for the stupid things to boot. Too bad you don't get a refund on them when you change them out.
Post a Comment