I had my annual doctor's exam this past week, which includes my annual weigh-in. I don't own a scale, and nor do I want to own a scale. So, I only get on one once a year, when I have my physical.
Ever since I got out of the Army (in 2004), I've been gaining weight at the rate of about 10 pounds a year.
I did not gain any weight this year!
This was a major relief. While I do enjoy food, I don't consider myself a glutton. I don't eat many sweets, I don't eat all my food from McDonald's (it averages to about 1 fast food hamburger meal a month). I was starting to think there were health issues associated with my weight, such as a thyroid problem, because I thought my sedentary lifestyle weight would have plateaued 20-30 pounds ago.
So, now that I've reach my plateau, I will be turning my weight around and beginning the process of losing it. I've already started making changes to my eating habits. Now I need to stop coming up with excuses to not exercise, like my cold Wisconsin winters. (Hello -20 weather.. I thought that only happened in Fairbanks!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Bad weather is happening everywhere any more. I started jumping rope in the house. I helps to have a cement floor for jumping though. I would not recommend it in a regular house. Too much shaking. Hope the weight comes off for you.
Get a pedometer. And if possible get off at a bus stop farther from your work and walk a little ways. And the simple park farther from store entrances. Every little bit helps. And don't forget to play DDR!
Post a Comment