Wednesday, August 20, 2008

House Hunting

After making my container garden and enjoying it, I've decided I want more garden. Nick and I have been talking about getting a house for a couple years now, so a couple weeks ago we went house hunting.
We found a place our first day, and put in an offer. Then we had to put in a higher offer because a second offer was presented the next day. Yesterday was our inspection, and now we are moving forward with buying a house.
Its 1800 sf, made in the late 1920s, full basement, almost an acre and in the country. We're pretty excited and are looking at a closing date in October.
Wish us luck and enjoy the pictures.

The side of the house.


This area will be my garden. The property line is along the bean field, and I think the back is where the brownish grass stripe is.
Same spot, but turned around to face the road.

Standing at the end of the driveway, looking across the front yard. I want to keep the privacy bushes; Nick wants to take them out.

Looking at the house from the end of the drive way.


Nick looking at the site of my future garden.


Another view of my future garden.
There's already an asparagus patch and raspberries in there.


Standing at the end of the driveway on the other side of the house.
We'll get rid of the satellite dish and that big tree. The tree is mostly dead, and there's still 3 good ones left in the front.


Same spot looking across the front yard.
Some of the plant life in the front yard. These smaller bushes will go.


Looking at the left side of the front yard, from in front of the porch.

Same spot, looking straight.


Back of the house. This is our septic mound.
My vegetable garden will be on the other side of it.


Looking at the back of the house. The siding is at the top of our to do list.


Look! It's my car.
This is some of stuff behind the house.
Our land stops at the other side of the burn pile, a
nd the green plants on the right of the picture.
I think you can see the property stake above and to the right of my trunk.

Slightly down the driveway.
You can see the canvas shed that I plan to turn into a greenhouse,
peek out from behind the addition, next to the car.



Same spot turned towards the house.
You can see the bottom half of the two story sun room.
As much as I love the concept, that part is sinking, so we may end up taking it out.


The patio, looking across the front yard.


I don't have inside pictures since the people we're buying it from still live there, and were home during the inspection.

3 comments:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Looks very nice. Hooray for asparagus and raspberries. I'm jealous that you already have those. I want those.

Kari and Steve said...

How exciting!!! I love your yard, can't wait to see the inside too. And almost an acre, incredible!

dacjohns said...

I hope you don't have any problems closing on the house. I can't wait to get there and help you. I'll keep my fingers crossed.